Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hanging In There...

encaustic pour with transfers, oil paint 8x8"

lately, i've been going over some of the experiences and changes i've made in the last two to three years... phew!  there have been some really big changes in my life and i'm trying to acknowlege my acomplishments... i've gone from a corporate job at a bank wondering how i was going to make art more central in my life to taking a year or so off to travel, paint and see what would happen... i also became a creative life coach, workshop facilitator and full time artist...  when i realized that art sales here and there were not going to pay my bills i worked as a temp at the UW until i found a job that was low stress (relatively) and would support my art career... in my current job i get jul/aug off every year... this sounds fantastic in theory but again i'm restless and not enjoying living paycheck to paycheck ($20k a year, owch!)...  other skills that i have developed over the last couple of years are my website/development skills (i was doing this on the side for new, mostly women, business owners).  these skills plus my office management/operations skills i hope to some day translate into something that pays me a higher salary, is flexible and allows for even more time to paint and teach workshops (without having to go back to office management positions (boo!))...  i find that every few months i stop, take a look around, see what i like in my life and what i don't, what i want more of and what i don't and reset my goals accordingly... i want to keep dreaming bigger, look around, reassess, dream bigger, look around, reassess (repeat)  :o)

the most important thing in my life right now is to keep the momentum moving towards my art career, creating a better work (job-job) situation that utilizes the skills that i enjoy using and has a higher income to allow for more art career time...  i hope you all are moving towards your dreams too...  (hang in there you can do it!!)  : ]

 
encaustic pour with transfers, oil paint 8x8"
 
  encaustic pour with transfers, oil paint 8x8"

No comments:

Post a Comment