Sunday, January 10, 2010

Creating A Triptych

I have been working on a triptych encaustic piece this week-end.  It is my first time painting one so I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm going to be submitting it for an exhibition that will be coming up later in the year.  I'm in stage one which is doing the first couple of layers with paint... I have used acrylic paints and water so far and will be adding wax and pigment in the next stage... I also bought several 8"x8" boards that I will be painting more sheep on... I'm really enjoying these little guys... They make me smile!  :o)

Here are the images that I worked on last night in my Seattle studio.  I hope you enjoy them!  I'll post more images as I progress along and then let you guys know if I actually get selected to show my triptych!!  (eee!)

in the studio

untitled triptych center panel


untitled triptych panel I

untitled triptych panel III
More to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is beautiful! You are so talented! And thank you sooooo much for putting a link to our giveaway on your blog! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're VERY welcome! You guys rock too!! :o) I just love good photography and good products. I can tell you guys will rocket to stardom in no time flat.

    Woooo!

    ReplyDelete