Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dreaming About The Year Ahead...

I've been dreaming about the year ahead of me and I've been feeling excited and hopeful...  I feel the momentum of a small dream growing day by day and feel myself getting closer to the life that I've imagined and am living in my head...  I'm also careful to appreciate what I have now and one of my challenges is to enjoy the process along the way to accomplishing my goals.

I wanted to share four encaustic paintings that I painted a couple of weeks ago with you... They are made with beeswax, pigment, tissue paper and oil paint.  The size is 8"x8" on board with 1.5" cradle.  These sheep I originally painted as oil paintings about a year or so ago and all of them sold.  I've been missing their cheerful little faces so I brought them back in a little bit different medium.  I hope you enjoy them!  :o)

sheep patterns I

sheep patterns II

sheep patterns III


sheep patterns IV

2 comments:

  1. These are charming, Kari! I can see why the oils sold.

    It seems like you've been working so hard since we connected earlier this year. The other day I was reading a story Mister Rogers told about himself. When he was just starting out, he'd written a dozen or so songs and took them to a music publisher. The guy said something like, "These are good. Now go write 100 more and we'll talk." Maybe you've always worked this hard, but from where I sit, you have more than written your 100 songs and have every reason to be excited.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you tom! my heart is warm from your lovely comment... :o)

    its my dream to support myself through my art and everyone that i have watched succeed and that I aspire to be like, work VERY hard, every day... and make it look effortless... so that's what i do too because i want what they have... to follow their passion, make it work and love the life they are living...

    i love my art, i love my dream and i love my life! :o)

    ReplyDelete