Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finishing A Few Pieces Today...

encaustic painting 5"x5"

encaustic painting 5"x5"

I've been working away in my studio this week-end and have finally finished a few more paintings.  I always feel a little bit anxious right before I finish a piece because with encaustic paintings, until you buff them with a soft cloth, they look very dull...  Its nerve racking to think that I put so much work into a painting only to have it look dull and lifeless!

I've been Creative Life Coaching a lot more lately and I just love it!  I love watching my clients get excited about moving towards their dreams and watching them as they achieve success in their lives.  I  would love to have two more clients so if you are interested please let me know.  I usually work with creative people who are just starting their own business.  I have lots of resources and can help you with getting a website set up and can teach you how to upload your images yourself or just do it for you if you prefer.   You can read more about coaching here.

Artist I'm in love with right now and recommend you visit!  Marisa Haedike.  I'm on her mailing list and I just love getting her little "paintings a day".  I feel like I'm getting a little present in my inbox everyday.  She's also now teaching an e-workshop that I'm thinking about taking too.  I'll let you know.

I'm applying for the Phinney Ridge Winter Festival to sell prints and jewelry in December.  The application is due tomorrow so wish me luck!   :)

I hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Kari I love you new pieces and you have inspired me to work on some smaller pieces. I hope to see you at the conference in September--and hope you bring one of these for trade--keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! :o]

    Its nice to hear from you! I won't be there this September :o[ I hope you guys have loads of fun though... You'll have to report back with juicy good gossip!

    Take Care! :o]

    ReplyDelete