Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feeling Better!! Woooo!

OMG!  I have had the worst cold the last couple of weeks!  I've been miserable!  Its amazing how good it is not to feel like that anymore...  phew!

Okay, so I signed up for a free workshop through Strathmore On-Line Workshops and I am having so much fun cutting up my own sketchbook, adding pockets, decorating and prepping it for text art and journaling.  My secret wish is to be teaching my own online workshops by this summer...  stay tuned! 

This is just a quick post this time to say hello and also to let you know that you can support the Children's Healing Art Project through the purchase of jewelry with Gage's artwork on it!  This would be a way to honor his life and support a charity near and dear to his heart.

Children’s Healing Art Project (CHAP) brings the healing power of art to children in crisis and their families with a mobile team of teaching artists working in Portland’s children’s hospitals.

In 2009, CHAP worked with over 10,000 children and their families. A portion of the proceeds from every necklace and bracelet sold will benefit CHAP.


1 comment:

  1. This is Gage's Mom, Lauren. Kari, thank you for posting this! I never knew. Gage's Heaven Worrior continues to give me strength! The Angel has rings on his right arm. Gage told me that these are power rings and represent the suffering in our earthly life. The more suffering and stronger our spiritual self. Since Gage's passing I have dug deeper into my faith and found comfort in writings that support Gage's belief. One is that our souls are on earth in "human form" to learn and the strongest are biggest learning opportunities are lives of suffering. Gage felt his spiritual self would be very, very strong. I have no doubt because he has found amazing ways to let me know he is watching over us.

    ReplyDelete