Twas The Night Before Cleansing...

photos taken on 3/30/2011 & 3/31/2011 "the before photos"


i have to admit to myself today that i have not been taking very good care of myself lately (ok... for longer than i would like to admit).  time has passed and day after day i chose not to exercise, i chose to eat in a way that did not support a healthy and comfortable body weight for me.  i have not rested well nor have i been kind and nurturing to my soul.  all of this changes tomorrow, friday 4/1/2011.  tomorrow i start my three week cleanse and i start riding my bike to work.  i start meditating, lighting candles, eating simple, good food and nurturing my soul.  we all deserve these basic things. (especially you)

if you'd like to join me please see a physician first, i did.  i went to my naturopathic physician and had blood work done and we found a plan that will work for me that incorporates protein drinks and good nutrition.

here is what i will be eating for the next seven days (week one)

day 1-7

1 protein shake per day (1 scoop only)
also detox capsuls:   3 caps 2x a day

choose from the following foods anytime:
  • alkaline broth
  • fresh raw fruit
  • raw or steamed veggies (low carb)
  • non-gluten grains:     buckwheat, rice flour, rice bran, tapioca, soy flour, corn or maize
  • healthy dressings
  • pumpkin, almond, sunflower seeds
  • ground flax and seasame seeds
  • rice milk
  • almond butter, tahini hummus
  • herbs, seasonings
  • spring or purified water (at least 6 glasses)
  • freshly juiced fruits or vegtables (1/2 diluted)
  • herbal teas
wish me luck!  love to you and please take good care of yourself.

xoxo  kari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying Out My Artwork On A Lumbar Pillow