photos taken on 3/30/2011 & 3/31/2011 "the before photos"
i have to admit to myself today that i have not been taking very good care of myself lately (ok... for longer than i would like to admit). time has passed and day after day i chose not to exercise, i chose to eat in a way that did not support a healthy and comfortable body weight for me. i have not rested well nor have i been kind and nurturing to my soul. all of this changes tomorrow, friday 4/1/2011. tomorrow i start my three week cleanse and i start riding my bike to work. i start meditating, lighting candles, eating simple, good food and nurturing my soul. we all deserve these basic things. (especially you)
if you'd like to join me please see a physician first, i did. i went to my naturopathic physician and had blood work done and we found a plan that will work for me that incorporates protein drinks and good nutrition.
here is what i will be eating for the next seven days (week one)
1 protein shake per day (1 scoop only)
also detox capsuls: 3 caps 2x a day
choose from the following foods anytime:
- alkaline broth
- fresh raw fruit
- raw or steamed veggies (low carb)
- non-gluten grains: buckwheat, rice flour, rice bran, tapioca, soy flour, corn or maize
- healthy dressings
- pumpkin, almond, sunflower seeds
- ground flax and seasame seeds
- rice milk
- almond butter, tahini hummus
- herbs, seasonings
- spring or purified water (at least 6 glasses)
- freshly juiced fruits or vegtables (1/2 diluted)
- herbal teas
wish me luck! love to you and please take good care of yourself.