Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Cleanse Is Over!


i've been done with my liver cleanse for about a week now and i'm feeling pretty good...  maybe too cleansed!  one of the reasons i started this cleanse was to clean my liver and also to find out what my food sensitivities are.  the way you find out what you're sensitive to is to eliminate your food intake down to very simple alkalyne balanced foods (for about 3 weeks) and then when you start to reintroduce foods back into your diet your body tells you what you're sensitive to so here's what i'm sensitive to:
  • dairy!
  • soy milk
  • alcohol
  • coffee
  • foods high in acid like
    • tomatoes
    • kiwi
    • strawberries
    • onions
    • pineapple
there was pretty much no doubt in my mind that i had sensitivities to these items because i either broke out in a rash, barfed, or couldn't sleep from having a latte earlier in the morning (had it at 10:00am and couldn't go to sleep that night until about 2:30 am or 3:00 am!)

its just more evidence that i should be moving towards a more raw alkalyne balanced diet...  

i started my raw foods immursion class a couple of weeks ago at thrive and i am just loving it!  i'm learning how to manage our kitchen, plan for meals, knife skills and i just bought a vitamix blender...  everything is new and foreign to me right now but i'm trying to keep practicing and modifying recipes to my own tastes.  next on my list is a dehydrator, a spiralizer, and a sprouts jar.

latest readings:

No comments:

Post a Comment