a little break from the world



i'm at my favorite coffee shop at the beach with my laptop this morning taking a little break from the rest of the world.  the weather has been crazy here lately.  this morning it was foggy when i got up and then after i took a shower the sun came out and there was blue sky over head.  now its dark and pissing down rain!!! 

this is my third day here.  its gone by very fast so far.  yesterday was the first day in a very long time that i have felt SO good!  by myself, dancing wildly, singing to great music and painting my heart out!

my paintings are starting to evolve into something that i'm becoming very proud of.  i'm trying to pay close attention to what is in my mind as i reconnect to myself and let go of negativity and stress.  this feeling of vulnerability sweeps over me at times.  i think its mostly financial and not being able to live the life that i have imagined in my head.  i think that if i were financially secure then i would feel mostly confidence.  i would love to be able to support myself from my artwork, workshops, collaborations with other artists.  i'm open to the possibilities.

here are a few photos of my ever evolving paintings.  beetles are starting to emerge!  i'm so glad.  i really didn't know if they were going to make an appearance or not.  they've been dormant for a long time now. i will post more images tomorrow of more developed work.  below is my set up and some of the paintings i'm working on right now.  enjoy the rest of your week-end!   xoxo  kari













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying Out My Artwork On A Lumbar Pillow