Monday, September 15, 2014

OK PEOPLE!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!

                                 

alright people!  its time to start exercising again!!!  i caught a reflection of myself walking down the street in a store front window earlier today and yes! it did surprise me that it was actually ME wondering who that chubby woman was in the store...  (ouch!)  now don't get me wrong!  i am NOT! one of those people that thinks that i am fat or even minds being a little chubby (more of me to love, right?) BUT! i do want to stay healthy and yes i HAVE! let myself indulge in a lot of the amazing cuisine here in my new home town of Astoria as i've been adjusting to brand new peoples, culture and life in general (two moves/jobs just a few months appart!)  so, after having breakfast with my sister this morning, i immediately, walked up the hill to my new place, put my running shoes on, dusted off and then fired up the ol' Nike+ app on my phone (got my water bottle out too) and headed out!  i had not realized just how steep those F'ing hills are behind my home...  SERIOUSLY!! like san francisco!

my goal was 5k and i did about 2.2 miles.  i did not reach my goal this morning BUT! i did get out there and my walk/run was straight up hill for over half of it!  i'll give myself a little free pass today. (whoopee!)

if you are starting up a new exercise program (fall is coming!!!) and you would like to comment along with me on your progress, i would love to hear from you.  i will be sharing vegetarian/vegan recipes that are healthy, tasty and with good healthy, plant based proteins!  lets kick some hiney and get our selves into a little better shape so we can get out and keep enjoying kayaking, hiking, camping, surfing or whatever outdoor sports you love to do!  

love to you, you can do it!!!

kari

image courtesy google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment